Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School teacher gift

I made this for O to take to her teacher on her Meet & Greet night.  I figured the first day of school would be crazy!  I found this idea on Pinterest.  You can find the tutorial here.  It was super easy and fun!  I already had a large pineapple can.  I had to buy the cork.  Used my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby.  I used regular glue to put the cork on.  Then I realized, I needed to buy another roll of cork.  Went back the next day and used my 40% coupon again.  You know, you can show them the coupon on your smartphone.  No need to print coupons anymore.  Anywhoo, as I opened the next package of cork, I realized it was self stick on the back.  I was a little worried, but, it worked out wonderfully.  And, I think both corks that I bought were different thickness.  Of course, I didn't look.
 The green tacks, paper clips and the pencils came from Target Dollar Spot.  I bought the candy and the ruler at HL.  The note cards were a FREE printable that I just printed and cut myself.  (I don't have the link to this, so, if anyone knows, please let me know, so I can give credit.  I still have the pdf file though.)  The Kindergarten sign came from a piece of scrapbook paper that I had and I just cut that out.  I made the apple from my Cricut and had O write her teachers name on it.

As I am looking at the apple, I realized that she wrote Mrs. and she is a Ms.  Oopsie!  Sorry Ms. Janke!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment